Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Josh's Ode to His Nepal

Don't worry Nepal cause i am coming home
i don't know why
could it possibly be an ineffable feeling
that constantly places a tear into my vulnerable eye.
i really don't know
maybe its your effortless beauty
hidden by the disparity
creating undeniable poverty.
Or could it be
something else?
a feeling felt
underneath my left breast,
that make it possible at night
(with the knowledge of You)
to put my head to a comfortable rest.
Because my Dear
only the ocean's separating us
cause me to fear,
that my idolatrous feelings toward you will disappear.
Yet,
the memories and roots
cause me to realize
i love you,
and
hopefully, i will be looking at You when i die.
The last sight in my eye.


Joshua S. Leslie
December 2009
Washington, D.C.

No comments: