Monday, August 6, 2007

Mysticism 101 w/ Ms. Leah Rose

"Daddy, you know that everything comes from the world for us. I know that. Even everything in the garden, the birds, the rocks and the flowers all come from the world for us.

Even your big bamboo tusa. They all come from the world for us.

You know where it all comes from, Daddy? The sun! I learned that. Everything comes from the sun -- even the moon, the grass and the clouds. They all come from the sun. I know that.

All the things we like come from the world for us. Everything! We don't make anything. No one in the family does. Not Mommy or Josh or Ezra or even you. Not even Lapsi or Gumbi (our dogs) make the world. No one does.

Only the sun makes everything. Even the Earth comes from the sun. I've seen it! Honest."

Leah opens her eyes wide and shakes her head knowingly at me as she sits on my lap in the big, white, overstuffed chair in the living room as I'm trying to finish the last pages of Harry Potter.

"You know it's true. Everything comes from the world for us. Really it does!"

No comments: